Happy Wednesday, everyone! Yes, it’s been a bustling week here at Indiana Wonderer. Monday we welcomed the wonderful Gemma Brocato and her latest novel Exposed to Passion. Yesterday, we wrapped up my FTSL (From the Sidelines) blog series with Week 8: Enjoy the Game (be sure to read that, and have a tissue handy).
And today I have a special treat: a fellow Hoosier author is here to share a bit about herself and one of her latest novels, Love Served Hot. Please join me in welcoming the lovely Mellanie Szereto!
- Name (or pen name): Mellanie Szereto
- State (or country) you call home: Indiana (but I’ll always be an Ohio girl at heart!)
- Genre(s) you write: Romance—contemporary, erotic, paranormal, and a little historical and romantic suspense
- Most recent release title: Love Served Hot (Amatoria Press, Nov. 26, 2013)
Lilith Montgomery has hired a hot Irish chef whose culinary creations give her foodgasms. Keeping the heat in the kitchen is going to be tough. Falling head over stockpot for his new boss wasn’t part of his plan, but Flynn Hastings finds himself experimenting with a new recipe for love.
- Of your most recent storyline, pick one character that makes you laugh. Tell us who they are and give us an example of why they tickle your funny bone:
The setting for Love Served Hot is a retirement community, and my senior secondary characters aren’t afraid to speak their minds. Alice likes to play matchmaker and she tells Flynn, “You two need to get cracking. There’re sheets to set on fire and a happily ever after to wrangle into submission.”
- Favorite footware:
That’s a really hard question for someone who collects shoes! I love dressy heels, strappy sandals, fuzzy slippers, hiking boots, dress boots, casual sandals, etc. My favorite pair of dressy heels is black semi-D’orsay pumps with a strap that angles across the instep. Yes, I’m a shoe connoisseur!
- If you had a quiet day to yourself at home, and the weather was a balmy 75 degrees with sun, little wind, and no insects to bother you, tell us what you would spend the day doing:
That sounds like the perfect day to write! I may be a Northerner, but I prefer warmer (like 90 degrees) weather. If I headed outside for a walk in the woods, I’d have long sleeves on!
- Name a book (or two) you’ve read this past year that you enjoyed:
I’ve enjoyed the first two books in Nan Reinhardt’s The Women of Willow Bay series and am (im)patiently waiting for book 3. I love her older heroines!
- Give us one of your favorite motivational/inspirational quotes :
“A writer never finds the time to write. A writer makes it. If you don’t have the drive, the discipline, and the desire, then you can have all the talent in the world, and you aren’t going to finish a book.” ~Nora Roberts
Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing with us today, Mellanie—wishing you all the best with your Love on the Menu series!
Be sure to say “hello” to Mellanie before you go!
Mellanie Szereto links: