Happy Tuesday, everyone! Tuesday Traditions is breaking the drought to bring back a beloved face to Indiana Wonderer. Once again, the talented and lovely Jessi Gage is with us, sharing book two in her Highland Wishes series, The Wolf and the Highlander.
Please join me in welcoming her back!
- Name (or pen name): Jessi Gage
- State (or country) you call home: Washington
- Genre(s) you write: Fantasy & contemporary romance
- Most recent release title: The Wolf and the Highlander (Highland Wishes 2) (May 1, 2014)
A woman scarred inside and out because of past misdeeds faces a chance at redemption, but only if she sacrifices all she has ever hoped for to save a gruff wolf-man’s dying people.
- Most recent work in progress title: The Highlander’s Witch (Highland Wishes 3)
Sometimes you choose who you love. Sometimes fate chooses for you.
- Of your most recent storyline, pick one character to which you can relate. Tell us who they are and why you can relate to them:
I wrote a doozy of a heroine for my latest release, The Wolf and the Highlander. Anya was the villainess of the first book in the series, Wishing for a Highlander. She did some very naughty things, and readers probably detested her. In The Wolf and the Highlander, I give her a second chance. I can relate to second chances. I’m not so good at forgiving, but I genuinely appreciate being forgiven and getting a second chance. I tried to write Anya so readers will stand up and cheer for her as she goes for the brass ring of her one and only second chance with a wolf-man named Riggs.
- Favorite dessert: bread pudding. With whiskey sauce. Nommy noms.
- If you were having movie night, would you stay in or hit the theater? Who would you want with you, and which movie would you like to see?:
Theater with my husband. And then drinks. Then private snuggling time *winks* We’d see anything with action or about sports. The last movie we saw was Million Dollar Arm, and we both loved it.
- Name a book you recently had trouble putting down:
Autumn Piper’s Ripe for Trouble. It’s a short novella (just $0.99), but it’s packed with genuine characters and sweet scenes of, you guessed it, forgiveness.
- Give us one of your favorite motivational/inspirational quotes?:
Just do it. I use this Nike slogan to get my butt of the couch and DO stuff.
Thanks for coming back and sharing once again with us, Jessi! Congratulations on your recent release of The Wolf and the Highlander, and we look forward to the next in your Highlander series, too!
Blurb from The Wolf and the Highlander (Highland Wishes 2):
Anya’s been a bad girl. A vindictive plot against one of her clansmen backfired, resulting in her grave injury. Scarred and crippled, she finds nothing lovely about herself, and doesn’t expect anyone else to either. But when a magical wishing box sends her to another dimension, she becomes the most valuable prize imaginable.
While hunting a rare marbled boar, Riggs, a trapper in Marann’s western forest, hears a strange cry. Distracted from the hunt, he loses the sow but finds instead something more valuable than a whole cart packed with marbled boar skins. A woman. She is delicate, and her ears are curiously rounded. She is not wolfkind. Maybe she is the miracle his people have been hoping for.
Riggs must bring Anya to King Magnus, because breeding rights belong first and foremost to His Majesty, who needs an heir. But the female calls to a primal part of him. He longs to keep her in secret and take her as his mate. But if he gives in to the temptation, he could single handedly bring about the end of civilization.
The Wolf and the Highlander Buy Links
Jessi Gage links