Happy Tuesday, everyone! Here in Indiana, we’re still digging out from the weekend’s winter snow blitz. And while we are dreaming of warmer days, why not have a Tuesday Traditions that features a cover reveal for an upcoming novel by a Hoosier writer whose name inspires sunnier thoughts? Please welcome L.A. Remenicky!
- State (or country) you call home: Indiana
- Genre(s) you write: Romance, Contemporary and Paranormal
- Most recent WIP title: INVISIBLE (to be released late January 2014)
Detective Jackson “Jax” McKenna walks into a psychologist’s office and finds that the doctor bears a striking resemblance to his first love, Lainie, who disappeared ten years ago after their disastrous first date ended in violence. Dr. Elizabeth Parker is really Elaine Wilson, Jax’s Lainie who has been in hiding since the night that changed both their lives. When Jax and Lainie go into hiding to keep Lainie safe, old feelings resurface as the killer threatens their lives. Can Jax save Lainie and help her stay INVISIBLE?
- Of your most recent storyline, pick one character that you struggle to love, but know they have a redeeming quality buried in there somewhere. Tell us who they are and a little bit about them:
In INVISIBLE, Elaine’s mother, Liz, turned to drugs after her divorce from Elaine’s father and ignored the tense situation between Elaine and her step-father, Keith. After a pivotal point in the book Liz finds her strength and is able to overcome her addiction and her dependence on Keith.
- Favorite Snack Food: A huge bowl of popcorn
- How long did it take you to write Invisible?
Invisible was written in about three months along with another work in process that I haven’t finished but I will finish soon.
- If you won a $500 gift card to the store of your choice, which would it be and what might end up in your shopping bag(s)?:
That’s an easy one – Amazon.com. I would probably buy a bunch of ebooks and a new Kindle HDX – I’m a complete bookworm.
- Give us one of your favorite motivational/inspirational quotes:
“You can, you should, and if you’re brave enough you will” – Stephen King.
Thank you for stopping by Indiana Wonderer today, L.A.! And here’s to a terrific release of INVISIBLE in early 2014!