Today on Indiana Wonderer, we have a writer who’s set the writing world on fire this past year, coming out with three books since last June and one more coming out in less than a month! Kristina Knight is a fellow Midwesterner, and has also recently joined the sisterhood at Lyrical Press.
- Name (or pen name): Kristina Knight
- State (or country) you call home: Ohio, although I also claim Missouri (birth-state) and Texas (because who doesn’t wanna live in Cowboy Heaven??)
- Genre(s) you write: Contemporary Romance
- Most recent release title: What a Texas Girl Dreams (Crimson Romance, June 3, 2013)
Monica Witte wants nothing more than to return to the rodeo circuit. Until Trick Samuels steps into her path…Can this Texas Girl have the career – and the family – she’s always dreamed of?
- Of your most recent storyline, pick one character to which you can relate. Tell us who they are and why you can relate to them:
I loved writing Monica. She’s kind of an every-girl, I think. She has the career she’s always dreamed of having, but then a few things happen: her sisters settle down, she meets The Guy and her horse is injured. So, throughout the book she’s trying to figure out a balance between the life she’s led and the life she wants to lead. I think we all struggle with that balance in different ways throughout our lives so it was a fun area to explore.
- Favorite dessert: Chocolate, all sorts!
- If you were about to take a 7-day cruise to the Caribbean, name three things you couldn’t bear to board the boat without (beside the obvious toiletries and clothing essentials):
Tablet, stocked with reading supplies and music, sunscreen (because I burn, I BURN!) and bebe and RadioMan (I never leave home without them). 😀
- What are you currently reading (or plan to read next)?:
I just finished ‘Kiss Me Katie’ by a publisher-mate of mine, Monica Tillery, and I really loved it! It’s a fun rock-n-roll romance with a lot of heart. Heart gets me every time. And I just picked up the new Nora Roberts, can’t not pick up her books, and I have about 30 more on the TBR page of my Kindle. Probably another 100 in the cloud area, waiting to be downloaded.
- Give us one of your favorite motivational/inspirational quotes:
“Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway” ~ Earl Nightengale
Thanks so much for visiting with us today, Kristina! Best of luck on your latest, upcoming release!
While you’re here, be sure to give a shout out to Kristina.