Today our guest on Indiana Wonderer is a gal I met through Shirley Jump‘s wonderful writer’s network on the Yahoo! JustWriteIt Group. Joining us from way out west is none other than D’Ann Lindun, here to share a bit about herself and her new book, COOPER’S REDEMPTION.
- Name (or pen name): D’Ann Lindun
- State (or country) you call home: Colorado
- Genre(s) you write: Contemporary western and western suspense
- Most recent release title: COOPER’S REDEMPTION (Crimson Romance, released March 4, 2013)
- Quick Pitch:
A man accused of murder; a woman searching for her missing mother.
- Of your most recent storyline, pick one character you adore. Tell us who they are and why you love them:
Elizabeth Adams. She’s nothing like me…from L.A., knows fashion and city life. But she’s always wanted a real western hero, and she finds one.
- Chocolate or Vanilla?: Vanilla
- If you were on vacation today, lounging in the sun on a warm beach beneath a shady umbrella, name a book you’d like to have in your hands:
One of my own, working on edits.
- Do you have a critique partner/group? If so, tell us something you’ve learned from them along your writing journey that you might have missed on your own:
Yes, I belong to two fabaroo crit groups. I couldn’t list all they’ve taught me, it would take up the entire page.
- Give us one of your favorite motivational/inspirational quotes:
Here’s a little more about D’Ann for you:
Falling in love with romance novels the summer before sixth grade, D’Ann Lindun never thought about writing one until many years later when she took a how-to class at her local college. She was hooked! She began writing and never looked back. Romance appeals to her because there’s just something so satisfying about writing a book guaranteed to have a happy ending. D’Ann’s particular favorites usually feature cowboys and the women who love them. This is probably because she draws inspiration from the area where she lives, Western Colorado, her husband of twenty-nine years and their daughter. Composites of their small farm, herd of horses, five Australian shepherds, a Queensland heeler, nine ducks and cats of every shape and color often show up in her stories!
Thanks for stopping by, D’Ann, and best of luck with COOPER’S REDEMPTION!