Happy Tuesday, everyone! Once again, Indiana Wonderer is hosting a fellow writer this week. But today we’re going to take a break from romance and get in touch with our darker sides. Very excited to introduce my first guest from across the pond, Sara Jayne Townsend!
- Name (or pen name): Sara Jayne Townsend
- State (or country) you call home: London, UK
- Genre(s) you write: Horror and crime
- Most recent release title: Soul Screams (Stumar Press, June 2012)
A collection of 13 horror stories dealing with the darkness of the soul. Stories about that inner scream that no one can hear but you. Stories that will haunt you.
- Of your most recent storyline, pick one character that makes you laugh. Tell us who they are and give us an example of why they tickle your funny bone:
Hmm, I don’t really do characters that make people laugh. My characters are all pretty angsty. I prefer to have them suffering than providing comic relief.
- Favorite footwear: sneakers, pumps, or boots?: Sneakers. Comfort first.
- If you had a quiet day to yourself at home–no work, no deadlines, no drama–how would you spend your day?:
Playing video games. Current favourites are Resident Evil 6 and Dragon Age Origins (both on the PS3).
- Name a book you read this past year that you enjoyed:
Stephen King’s 11.22.63. This isn’t really horror – it’s more time travel sci fi, about a Maine schoolteacher who goes back in time and tries to stop the assassination of JF Kennedy. This is King back to what he does best – writing about ordinary people in extraordinary situations.
- Give us one of your favorite motivational/inspirational quotes:
“Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first”. I’m not sure who said it, but I think it’s great. The dessert’s the best bit. Why save it for last?
Since I’m a huge dessert fan, I will second that line of thinking. Thanks so much for visiting with us today, Sara!
Be sure to leave Sara a hello while you’re here!