Happy Tuesday, everyone! It’s time once again for our writer spotlight on Indiana Wonderer. And our guest today is one you’re going to love–it’s Jeremy Asher, author of ACROSS THE CREEK, BENEATH THE WILLOW, and INSIGNIFICANT MOMENTS.
Not only is Jeremy a talented writer, but he’s also one of my wonderful critique partners (and has been a great voice of reason at our meetings these past few weeks).
- Name: Jeremy Asher
- State (or country) you call home: Indiana
- Genre(s) you write: Contemporary Fiction
- Most recent release title: BENEATH THE WILLOW (self published September, 2012)
This is the sequel to Across the Creek and the continuation of Jesse and Sarah’s story. After spending the past few years finishing his degree and building a boutique architectural design company, Jesse Malone is about to marry Kate and move on to the next step in life. But that all changes on the day he walks into Sarah’s store to pick out wedding flowers.
- Most recent work in progress title: LOSING FAITH
Seth Storm is a man who lost everything: his wife, daughter, and a dream career. This story is about the journey he takes to get his life back. This book is nearly finished and should be available on Amazon the first week of March.
- Of your most recent storyline, pick one character to which you can relate. Tell us who they are, and why you can relate to them:
Seth Storm, the hero in Losing Faith. I think most people can relate to this character because most people have experienced what it’s like to be faced with difficult times and complicated circumstances. It’s the journey that we take out of these moments that helps to develop our character.
- Favorite of the bunch: Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, or The Hobbit?
Definitely The Hobbit.
- If you were on vacation today, travelling to the west coast by train, name three things you couldn’t leave home without:
Well, I think the train I’d take would probably be traveling south. Somewhere warm and full of beaches. I’d take my family, because it’s not a trip without them. I’d need a swimsuit for the ocean and pool. And a tooth brush is a must have.
- What are you currently reading (or plan to read next):
I am finishing up Summerhouse by Jude Deveraux and I was thinking of picking up a Lisa Gardner novel next.
- Give us one of your favorite motivational/inspirational quotes:
“A life lived in fear is a life half lived.” Not sure who said it. In fact, the first time I read, it was on the back of a t-shirt. I like this quote because I think we all find ourselves in a comfortable routine, which is nice, but I think it’s those moments in life when we’re standing at the base of a mountain and scared out of our minds that we really grow and find out what we’re made of.
Thanks so much for stopping by this week, Jeremy, and best of luck on your upcoming release, LOSING FAITH – love this story! Feel free to leave Jeremy a “hello” below!
If you’d like to learn more about Jeremy Asher, check out his website and Facebook links at www.authorjeremyasher.com. ACROSS THE CREEK and BENEATH THE WILLOW are available in digital and paperback through Amazon, and INSIGNIFICANT MOMENTS is available through Amazon and Barnes & Noble.