In keeping with our new Tuesday tradition, I’d like to welcome another Hoosier writer to Indiana Wonderer. If you’ve ever visited over at WordWranglers, no doubt the name Liz Flaherty will ring a bell. Liz has graciously offered to stop by today and share a bit about herself and her most recent release, JAR OF DREAMS.
Plus, if you look closely, you may just see our first giveaway tucked into her interview…
Take it away, Liz!
- Name (or pen name): Liz Flaherty
- State (or country) you call home: Indiana
- Genre(s) you write: Contemporary, with a fun little segue into historical.
- Most recent release: JAR OF DREAMS (released 1/13/13 by Carina Press)
Restaurateur Lucy Dolan and widowed cartoonist Boone Brennan find themselves sharing living quarters in Boone’s aunt’s Victorian house in Taft, Indiana. Boone is initially suspicious of Lucy and she thinks he’s a pain in the neck, but there’s no accounting for chemistry. As summer progresses, so does their relationship. Arson rears an ugly head and the couple learn about trust and loyalty. They also learn about loving, whether they want to or not.
- Of your most recent storyline, pick one character that makes you laugh. Tell us who they are and give us an example of why they tickle your funny bone:
Gert Taylor, from JAR OF DREAMS, is Lucy’s business partner and Boone’s aunt. She’s 70 or so (no one really knows, including me), wears Birkenstocks with bobby socks, and rules everyone with an iron hand and a heart of gold. I want to be her when I grow up.
- Favorite footwear: sneakers, pumps, or boots?
If I have to have shoes on, I’ll take sneakers or sandals, but I really prefer barefoot.
- If you had a quiet day to yourself at home, and the weather was a balmy 75 degrees with sun, little wind, and no insects to bother you, tell us what you would spend the day doing:
A long walk in the morning, writing, eating, drinking tea, a long walk in the afternoon, and sewing. This is how I spend many of my days anyway (I’m retired) and I do enjoy it so much.
- Name a book you read this past year that you enjoyed:
Can I name two? I read Pamela Morsi’s THE LOVESICK CURE and Cheryl Reavis’s THE SOLDIER’S WIFE in the same week. I couldn’t write for days simply because both these were so good I kept thinking I could never measure up.
- Give us one of your favorite motivational/inspirational quotes:
“What day is it?”
It’s today,” squeaked Piglet.
My favorite day,” said Pooh.” – A. A. Milne
- Bonus for your readers:
I’d love to give away a cup and saucer to a commenter. All you have to do is answer the following question and you’ll be entered into the drawing. My favorite thing about Indiana is the rurality of it (yeah, I’m a country girl.) What’s your favorite thing about your home state?
Thanks for having me here today, Kyra.
You are so very welcome, Liz. Thank you for sharing with us today! And thanks everyone for sharing favorite things about your states. **Congratulations Nan Reinhardt, winner of this week’s giveaway!**